Public Law 94-142 guarantees free appropriate education to all handicapped children. In full agreement with this concept, Cave Springs School offers educational services to all handicapped children. If you live in the Cave Springs School District and have a handicapped child who is not presently being served by the school, please contact the school principal for further information regarding the Special Education Program.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The law applies to all schools that receive funds under an applicable program of the U.S. Department of Education.
Parents and eligible students have the following rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act and this policy:
1. The right to inspect and review the student's educational record.
2. The rights to exercise a limited control over other people's access to the student's educational records.
3. The right to seek to correct the student's educational record in a hearing if necessary.
4. The right to report violations of the FERPA to the Department of Health, Education and Welfare.
5. The right to be informed about FERPA rights.